Head of Commercial Operations
Based in Histon, Cambridge, offering a salary of £45,000 to £50,000 (depending on skills and experience).
The Head of Commercial Operations is responsible for developing the commercial strategy of the Chamber in conjunction with the Chief Executive and then its tactical and operational delivery.
The responsibilities include all activities relating to membership, marketing, events, sales, export and Chamber product and service development to drive business growth and market share.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive the role is primarily focused on ensuring the integrated commercial success of the Chamber.
The position takes ownership of the member and the member/customer interface with all activities and service offering, making sure that all functions of the organisation are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies in accordance with Chamber goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities
- Understand the requirements of existing members and customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Act to acquire new members and customers and manage all client relationships (existing and new)
- Motivate and coordinate Chamber personnel covering marketing, sales and customer service
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Proven experience in commercial operations or other relevant role
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients and stakeholders
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mind-set
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Full driving licence and business use insurance
To apply, send a CV and covering letter to Sadie Parr by Wednesday 15 May.