Following a review of the British Chambers of Commerce’s advocacy and corporate affairs function, an exciting new Director of Campaigns position has been created. This is a key role within the organisation and wider Chamber Network, as the BCC looks to enhance its campaigns, marketing, media and communications function to support the business and its’ strategic transition to a stronger campaign led approach.
The Director of Campaigns will have a proven track record of developing and delivery effective, high-profile campaigns that have created change. You will be used to working in a policy-led environment and will be skilled at translating complex issues into compelling communications across a variety of channels and audiences.
- Leadership of an integrated marketing and communications function including media, membership communications, event marketing and management of the BCC brand
- Work closely with the Director of Policy & Public Affairs to collectively develop an integrated plan incorporating policy, research, public affairs, campaigns and communications activity
- Management of the BCC media function ensuring BCC maintains its position as a credible and high-profile voice for business, taking an integrated approach across traditional and social media
- Representing the Chamber Network in meetings with senior stakeholders, in the media and at Network events
- Support the development and delivery of BCC’s commercial partnerships
- Development and implementation of an integrated communications strategy
- Development and delivery of current and future brand campaigns which meet the needs of the chamber network
Key skills and experience required
- A strategic approach to developing impactful campaigns that support policy, advocacy and commercial goals
- Demonstrable experience in delivering successful integrated communications plans across a full range of communications disciplines
- Experience of managing a busy and high-profile media office
- Proven people management experience
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Excellent relationship building and influencing expertise
- Desirable experience of working within a membership or network environment
Ellwood Atfield has been appointed to manage this exclusive search. For more information, or to apply for the Director of Campaigns position, please see Ellwood Atfield's website or view the position on LinkedIn.
Download the full job description here.