Expand Your Business Horizons With Confidence
With over 350 trade documentation specialists on hand, you can rely on the Chamber of Commerce Network to provide critical advice that will save you valuable time, money and stress.
Export documentation must be completed accurately if charges and delays are to be avoided, and shipments are to arrive on time. Your local Accredited Chamber can assist with the following types of export documentation:
- UK Certificates of Origin – These are customs clearance requirements to evidence the origin of the goods involved in a shipment.
- Arab-British Certificates of Origin – A customs clearance requirement to evidence the origin of the goods, which may also be requested by the importing company. These may be used for Arab League States.
- EUR1’s – These support claims for preferential (usually zero) rates of duty in the country of implementation. To qualify, the goods must ‘originate’ in the UK. The preference system only applies to countries where certain trade agreements exist with the EU.
The Chamber of Commerce Network is also your reliable source for all other export-related documents, such as letters of credit. We also provide ATA carnets, which act as passports for goods, allowing their temporary admission. This reduces red tape and the provision of cash deposits that would otherwise have to be paid.
British Chambers of Commerce in the UK act as issuing bodies and are authorised by:
- HM government, for the issue of all non-preference EU Certificates of Origin
- HMRC, for preference documents such as EUR1’s
- The Arab-British Chamber of Commerce, to act as agents for the issuing of Arab British Certificates of Origin
Venture into new markets with confidence. Chambers of Commerce provide valuable insight into the typical B2C & B2B distribution channels, as well as practical advice on selecting and establishing agreements with local market agents and distributors.
Before taking advantage of the abundant opportunities presented by international trade, you must take some preliminary steps to ensure you are fully prepared for the road ahead.
Your local Accredited Chamber of Commerce offers unparalleled advice and assistance on international trade. Read on to discover how they can support you, then get in touch to find out more. Your path to better business begins here.
- Distribution Channels: Get your products in the right hands. Alongside supplying valuable insights into the typical B2C & B2B distribution channels, Chambers of Commerce provide practical advice about selecting and establishing agreements with local market agents and distributors.
- Local Market Access Support: Entering a new export market is not without its pitfalls, which is why Chambers of Commerce are on hand to provide crucial assistance. They’ll get you past that first hurdle by introducing you to potential clients, agents, distributors, and in-market networks. You can also benefit from tailored training on the local business environment, powered by their unique knowledge. Chambers will help you assess various market entry strategies – including detailed analysis and recommendations – to help you find the most appropriate one for your business.
- Trade Missions and Trade Shows: Joining an organised trade mission is one of the best ways to develop your business presence overseas. Chambers can help you make the most of them. Each Chamber is fully equipped to help exporters identify and prepare for trade shows and trade missions, maximising the benefits of these opportunities. Whether you’re a seasoned exporter or a first-timer, Chambers of Commerce can unlock your potential and help you embrace these events with absolute confidence.
- Export Clubs: Embrace the benefits of a collective Network. Some Chambers coordinate local trade clubs as a catalyst for the international trade activities of new and existing exporters. These peer-to-peer networking events are a great opportunity to meet, discuss, and explore the industry with an inclusive, like-minded community.
- Marketing and Translation Services: The marketing environment in any new export market can be quite different from the one in the UK. From design, tone and customs to online marketing regulations, there are various factors to consider to ensure your message is tailored to the local market. To assist your expansion overseas, you can access discounted local marketing services through your local Chamber. They also supply firms with business-quality translation services – including legal, commercial, and technical material – from a range of trusted providers.
JOIN THE CHAMBER NETWORK
Unlock boundless opportunities. Click here to find your local Chamber and take the first steps towards making your business & community thrive.