Partners Update March 2021
You may have noticed that UKEF recently launched the Standard Buyer Loan Guarantee which covers a loan to an overseas buyer to finance the purchase of capital goods, services and/or intangibles from a UK supplier.
The Export Academy currently supports businesses in the North of England, Midlands, and the South West with up to £500,000 turnover with expert advice to grow internationally.
We have produced an Export Academy Partner and Stakeholder Toolkit for Partners to use in support of any promotional activity on the Export Academy programme.
Round 4 of our negotiations with Australia have concluded positively
Agreement reached with US to suspend trade tariffs for the next 4 months
Launched Global Britain, Local Jobs report with the Board of Trade. Access the report here
- New Economic Decision-Making Campus will be based in Darlington. This will increase DIT’s presence in the north of England and bring staff closer to the communities and businesses we serve.
- As part of Government's objective of attracting highly skilled, globally mobile talent, DIT received a £1 million increase in funding for 2021-22 for the Global Entrepreneurship Programme.
- The Chancellor’s Plan for Growth captures DIT programmes and support for business, including our Free Trade Agreement Programme, our work at the World Trade Organisation (WTO) and G7, the Office for Investment, and the importance of trade and investment led recovery.
- The Plan for Growth sets out how UKEF’s new lending capacity and products will help large and small exporters achieve international success.
- The first 8 Freeport locations in England have been announced. Freeports will attract new business, spread jobs, investment and opportunity to towns and cities across the country.
- A full rundown of the things you need to know about the Budget can be found here.
UK’s Largest Virtual Trade Mission
- Minister Stuart launched the UK’s largest ever virtual trade mission on 2 March.
Additional information about the UK-Japan FTA Implementation Campaign – Spring Mission is below – please feel free to share this with your clients.
Wider business support
These resources and tools are available to help businesses navigate our new trading environment:
Championing Trade - upcoming events
A full calendar of DIT and global trade events can be found here.