The British Chambers today launches the Chamber Business Awards at the London Stock Exchange.
Chamber Business Awards 2019: Celebrating the best of British Business
The Chamber Business Awards, which is now in its 16th year, is one of the showpiece events in the business calendar, highlighting the role of business in delivering growth and prosperity for the UK and local communities.
Businesses from all across the UK came together at the awards, hosted by TV presenter Mark Durden-Smith, to recognise the exceptional achievements of both UK businesses and Chambers of Commerce.
Bishop Fleming LLP won the award for Business of the Year, and a representative from the firm will open the London Stock Exchange in March 2020. The team will also receive a unique staff development experience from Facebook.
The award winners in full
- Export Business of the Year award - ATG Access, a vehicle barrier company in St Helens that delivers clients pioneering security solutions which can be made to suit exact site requirements.
- Excellence in Membership services award - Dundee & Angus Chamber of Commerce actively recruits new members in order to deepen its reach into the Dundee & Angus business community.
- Best use of technology award - Fractory is a provider of online manufacturing services that has utilised technology to enhance the entire customer experience.
- Family Business of the Year award - Henry Brothers is a construction business in Northern Ireland that witnessed successful growth over the past three years while keeping true to its strong family values.
- Employer of the Year award - Tharsus Group is a manufacturer of advanced machines and robot in North East England that is committed to putting its people first through leadership training and career mapping.
- Excellence in International Trade Services award - Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce is the largest accredited Chamber in the UK, and has excelled in international trade strategy.
- Customer Commitment award - Beamish, The Living Museum of the North is an open-air museum located in Durham that has demonstrated excellence and commitment in the ever-important area of customer service.
- Workplace Wellbeing award - Bishop Fleming LLP is an Accounting & Business advisory firm that has incorporated health and wellbeing initiatives into the culture of the business.
- E-Commerce Business of the Year award - Barker Shoes, a shoes, accessories and leather goods manufacturer has a strong e-commerce strategy that focuses on improving customer experience and expanding brand awareness.
- Most Effective Campaigning award - Business West launched its multi-channel campaign 'Trading Through Brexit' (TTB), in October 2019 to deliver clarity to its members on what Brexit might mean for them.
- High Growth Business of the Year award - Thrifty's is a retailer in St Helens that has demonstrated inspiring revenue and employee growth in recent years.
- Small Business of the Year award - Active Research, trading as Actisense is a growing exporter of specialist marine electronic products that has diversified and adapted its products to meet the needs of clients and other markets including the industrial automation and agricultural vehicle market
- Chamber of the Year award - Doncaster Chamber of Commerce has implemented a new membership proposition which has seen membership numbers and retention increase significantly.
Contact Briony Richter for individual press releases in full.
Email: [email protected]