The British Chambers today launches the Chamber Business Awards at the London Stock Exchange.
Chamber Business Awards 2017: Best of British Business
The very best of British business was celebrated at the British Chamber of Commerce’s annual Chamber Business Awards ceremony last night.
The Chamber Business Awards, which is now in its 14th year, is one of the showpiece events in the business calendar, highlighting the role of business in delivering growth and prosperity for the UK and local communities.
Businesses from across the country came together at the gala dinner, hosted by TV presenter Kate Thornton, to mark the outstanding achievements of both UK firms and Chambers of Commerce.
The award winners in full:
- Best Use of Technology – AnyJunk, a London based bulk waste collector for business and homes, is using technology to change the productivity and efficiency of the waste disposal industry
- Export Business of the Year – Linwoods, a bakers and health food business based in Armagh, has made excellent use of consumer and market research and sells its products to retailers in over 30 countries
- High Growth Business of the Year – ICON Aerospace Technology Ltd, a world leader in highly engineered polymer-based products for aerospace and defence applications, has increased turnover by 30% and created 150 jobs in less than two years
- Excellence in Customer Service – Stockport Homes, delivers affordable housing and accommodation solutions, and has driven customer satisfaction through the implementation of a Continuous Improvement Framework
- Small Business of the Year – DNA Worldwide, providers of DNA, drug and alcohol testing, has used state of the art technology to develop a range of new services, and has ambitious plans to expand
- Commitment to People Development – Manchester & Cheshire Construction Co. Ltd, has shown impressive commitment to the training and development of staff, participating in 252 training days last year
- Business and Education Partnership – Ahead Partnership, based in Leeds, has worked to address the soft skills gap, and brings together teachers and employers to create bespoke programmes of learning
- Best Use of Social Media – JC Social Media Limited, began trading from a spare bedroom in Birmingham in 2011, and use social media to help clients connect with new customers, gaining 28.9m impressions for over a four-month period for a client’s event
- Health and Wellbeing – Flynn, a building and maintenance business based in Northern Ireland, developed a ‘Boost’ initiative to improve moral, mental wellbeing and communication
- Chamber of the Year – Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, has grown by 11% in the last three years and worked closely with other chambers in the region to share best practice
- Excellence in International Trade – Northamptonshire Chamber (incorporating Milton Keynes Chamber of Commerce) offers members a wide portfolio of services relating to trade, including International Trade Forums and regular workshops
- Most Effective Campaigning – North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce, has shown determination and a dedication to the local business community in its campaign for energy exploration in the county
- Excellence in Membership Services – Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce has grown by 12% over the last two years, and an impressive 20% of Staffordshire’s workforce are in membership
AnyJunk also won the award for Business of the Year, and as a prize will be invited to open the London Stock Exchange on March 1st 2018, the day the Chamber Business Awards 2018 are launched.
Commenting on this year’s awards, Francis Martin, President of the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC), said:
“These awards are the perfect opportunity to celebrate the best of British business. I never cease to be surprised by the innovation and ambition of UK companies, and the contribution firms of every size and sector make to their local communities. I look forward to seeing the finalists and winners of our award continue to blaze the trail and create jobs and opportunities for our nation.”
Notes to editors:
The British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) Chamber Business Awards took place on Thursday 30th November at the Brewery, London, and was supported by Bibby Financial Services, DHL, Legal and General, London Stock Exchange Group, Moneycorp. RADA in Business, Qdos Consulting and Westfield Health.